Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
Interesting. Thanks for that reference.

... and it only costs CHF58! Since I don't have a copy yet, does it specify storage durations?
BrianShaw, I will try summarize..

Film or paper should be stored in environment with 40 % to 60 % relative humidity (RH).

RH below 30 % might result temporarily brittleness and lead to unacceptable curl and possible emulsion cracking.
RH above 65 % can damage containers (e.g. rust), cause labels, tapes and cartons to deteriorate and encourage the growth of fungi.

Manufacturers recommend a maximum temperature of 13 ◦C for longer periods.
Manufacturers' expiration dates can be extended by storing at still lower temperatures.
25 ◦C is OK If storing for less than a month.
Infrared-sensitive films shall be stored at −18 ◦C at all times.

There is a table with temp specs for various materials and a few notes under it, the relevant one is:
For VERY LONG STORAGE of all types of photographic materials, the recommended storage temperature shall be between −18 ◦C and −20 ◦C.

Further within the ISO 18928 doc, there is storage room specs on gases, extraneous radiations, background radiation, mechanical requirements, medical x-ray film stuff, airport stuff about carry-on baggage, the well known ISO 400 barrier.
A table with temperature acclimatization for various films and paper.

Bibliography refers to SO 18906, ISO 18911, ISO 18918, ISO 18920 and some books and tech reports

And.. some other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
i wasn't able to download and read the tech publication.
Its OK, You are not the only one..

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
the problem with this thread is that some people just want examples and proof
of film that was stored ( for a long long time ), exposed and processed
so they can judge for themselves whether or not the quality is still there..
Well, as I have said in this (and other threads) there are ISO standards for everything and people who do not have experience should at least read them before talk the talk.

I have verified myself how long film and paper keep under various conditions, some of my friends did the same.
Also, I have purchased several ISO docs and scientific data over the years, You cant expect to scan info and put it all here or pull up my archives and start posting samples. Photography is a hobby to me and the last thing I would do is arguing with forum tigers, just because they don't have the experience or knowledge that I have.

The above rough excerpt from the ISO doc is the most I can do right now.
I run my own business operation and life is busy enough.