I personally like all three pieces you posted.

My Mom is the exact opposite - she always says she loves my work, even things that I personally hate. It's gotten to the point that I don't show her what I'm working on, because she'll just say, "Oh, what a pretty picture!" This is weird for me, because when I have exhibited work (which I haven't done for 12 years), invariably some viewers, especially people who didn't know me well, found at least one photograph to ask what the point was, or why I photographed that, or similar commentary (not always negative, but some of my images have disturbed or annoyed people). Now for the interesting bit - my Mom studied photography at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh and briefly worked as a professional. In addition to that, she's taken a lot of art courses, including painting and ceramics. So I know she has some "education" about composition. I guess she's just being nice to me.

Since I started teaching photography, I've had to deal with "teaching" composition. I agree that it's not really something that can be taught by rote. What I tell my students is this: the key is to be aware of what works visually, including the "rules" (which I refer to as general guidelines). That what matters most is deliberate thought about the composition; that they understand why they composed the picture the way they did - that they have a reason for the composition. That they didn't just center the camera, focus, and press the button.