Quote Originally Posted by alarickc View Post
Longer story slightly shorter I'm now shooting almost nothing but B&W(I'm discovering I dislike color), developing it myself, and starting to teach myself to wet-print. I'm going down to take my second stab at printing and my first at toning this Monday and I'm looking forward to it. I know I suck at printing now, but I already was able to make one or two prints that wouldn't make me wretch to show to someone, which is encouraging. I'm just getting started, and I don't intend to ever stop using nothing but film, I'll make my own glass plates if it comes to it. And I owe it all to the movement that Lomo has spawned. I may not do much in the way of "lomography", but it's what got me here today.

-Alaric Chesley
Well done. I remember in Year 11 at school doing photography in the darkroom. Ive done film, but have not yet done a hand print since all those years. Thats what I want to get to, something authentic, hand made, which means flaws! This is what is good about lomography, its not about how good your gear is, its about experminenting. It will be interesting to see what the lomo generation do once they get older, cashed up and start setting up dark rooms.