Lomography is very good at branding itself as a single entity. They offer the cameras, the film, and any accessories under the same name. Much like Apple. It makes life easy for the consumer as they know that everything will work together with no need to do much research beyond matching the numbers up. It's much the same marketing trick Kodak used with the original Brownie - you buy a package and just have to hand over the cash to have it processed and returned to you with a fresh film loaded.

Ilford on the other hand make film, papers and chemicals, but no 35mm or 120 cameras. You have to seek out the camera yourself, do the research, find a dealer or reputable internet seller, and buy it before you get started. There is no simple starter kit where you just click "buy now" and have everything you need delivered a few days later. It's up to you to either learn how to process your own or find a lab able to do it for you.

The frankly outrageous prices of Lomo stuff make me weep. 289 for a Lubitel 166+? I paid 30 for a 166U brand new in the mid 1990s and thought that a reasonable price for the fun it gave me. The money they want now is serious MF territory - you can find a working Bronica ETRSi for that much which is light years ahead in image quality and handling. I also worry how many will think that the "Lomo" look is all film is capable of and give up on the whole idea if they don't like the very peculiar results.