Large format is just abound with opportunities to screw up images, including:
Originally Posted by adelorenzo
- Double exposure (as you found);
- No exposure;
- Over-exposure as forgot to stop down to shooting aperture;
- "Dark slide" timed exposure as forgot to close the shutter after composition and focus;
- Underexposure due to incorrect filter or bellows factor;
- And that is without getting into a discussion of roll film backs...
Being systematic in your routine will reduce some of the errors, but unless you put your 4x5 kit in the closet and leave it there, you may not otherwise eliminate them.
Congratulations on your plunge into the start of the deep-end of photography and enjoy the water. We are more likely to regret what we did not do, rather than what we do.
Looks like you are off to a great start...