Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
The fact that she threw away shoes that she bought and never wore is just a huge show of insanity, or nervous breakdown, or whatever, doubling the damage (unless she recovered them a moment later after the sad show) .... But did she really did that? It's so nonsensical it's hard to believe. And to demonstrate what? If anything it demonstrates even more fully that she is the money waster.
Alas, you are seeing this from a male perspective. Owning lots of stuff is just an impediment to further SHOPPING - which is, of course, the meaning of life. Chucking the shoes was not a sad show - it was a joyous moment, apparently, what with all that empty wardrobe space just waiting to be filled.... She really did do this, but I have over egged the pudding slightly by ommiting the fact that some of the shoes were many weeks and a few several months old, so were in danger of becoming.... NO LONGER FASHIONABLE. So, maybe they had to go. The underlying metaphor being that none of my cameras are less than 20 years old and most are much older, so, they are definately not trendy.

As for donating the shoes to the poor - well, I am not sure if they got recycled or not, but we live in Britain which has a welfare state. This means that not even the poor are compelled to wear unfashionable footware...

your commendable habit of using the cameras you buy is just a testament of your sincere passion for photography, deserving the future discretionary useless unappreciated unused shoes family budget to be entirely diverted to useful actually-used sensible beautiful film technology.
Couldn't have pu it better myself
Can you please explain this to my wife?