Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
Noble, so do you get this mad at Leica or Hassleblad owners?
For the billionth time my beef is with the lomography.com marketing department not the people that buy the cameras. As I stated if someone makes an INFORMED DECISION to buy the camera I don't have problem with it. Why are people selectively reading my posts?

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
A Leica made in 1940(or whenever) is not going to have as good a glass as even some 80's canon lenses and an AE-1 but instead of spending $100 they spend $2,000+
You're preaching to the choir bro. I would NEVER spend $2,000+ on a camera. I bought a whole Rollei Integral kit with multiple lenses and tons of accessories that was mint for substantially less than $2,000. But like I said if someone makes an informed decision to make that purchase I have no problem with it. Frankly I'm sorry to disappoint you but I just don't think about it at all because plopping down $2,000 for a single camera is about as likely as me dropping $250,000 on a Ferarri. Never say never but exceedingly unlikely. And Leica and Hasselblad are luxury goods retailers. They have no desire to cheapen their brand by having their wares in dusty boxes stacked up in a corner in Urban Outfitters. This whole thread I and other posters have been primarily concerned about the erroneous impression the lomography.com products make on the general public. The general public has never even heard of Leica and Hasselblad. Why would I care about an nonexistent effect?