Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
I am doing my first wedding in over 20 years, 3 hours of work in shooting the art side of this high end wedding for nearly five figures...all hand printed from IR film in a real darkroom...they sought me out, not the other way around. I also shoot Winter sports for editorial and ad work, again, a lot on film because I can and my clients like it...
Look, for the fact that someone is paying your more than 5k to shoot a wedding...it means that the client is rich. Two, you are an established pro. This is rare. You can't compare yourself to the rest of the market. Do you think someone who is going to charge around 1k for shooting a wedding would be shooting film? I doubt it. And then you have the modern day, hipster couples who wants some photos to post on Facebook and expecting to see over 100 wedding photos. Do you think they would be happy only seeing a handful of print enlargements and nothing else? Maybe not. And for the general sport photographers or event photographers who often need to capture charity events....do you think they can capture over 1000 participants crossing the finish line with a film camera? I don't think so. I am referring to the general market. Not the top of the food chain.