Quote Originally Posted by TooManyShots View Post
I know the market in general because I am frequently in many discussions with people doing photography works. We often talk about the market. The money side of photography. I personally have been doing spec work on cycling race photography for 3 years. Local races. Is a miracle I could even make some money from my photography but in general sports photography does not pay unless you work for agencies and doing large commercial works. And wedding photography is one market EVERYBODY is trying to get into to make some money with their photography. Sorry to say but the reasons why the photography industry it is what it is right now because of the digital revolution. It is getting easier for most people to take photos. With practice, you can even produce pro results with a digital camera. And most people don't believe in paying for photos nowadays. Or most newcomers believe in shooting for free in order to gain recognitions and hopefully getting paid gig referrals in the future. LOL. Yes, I know the market. I am also the products of this revolution. I am getting into film right now after years of shooting digital. Is a nice change of pace. I don't hold any romantic view on film photography. It is just a different format, that's all.
Please realize this is constructive. If you ever want to actually make money with photography you must move away from spec work and 1k weddings. Those are not really the professional market. I see now where you are coming from.