Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
I have to confess I am a little depressed about all of this...while the notion of what else is going on is a positive thing, I am left feeling kind of flat.

Both Jeff Jacobson and my self are still looking for publishers, Jeff is having a print auction soon so he might be able to self publish, I am just wanting to maybe put back even a little bit of the 60 grand I spent doing my project in the bank so maybe I can buy a home instead of renting with having a fine art darkroom crammed into a 66" x 71" storage closet in my 880 square foot apartment. I gave away a fair amount of film while on the road to those who could not afford it or find it anymore, found Jeff most of his KL200....Jeff is the photographer who started his project called "The Last Roll" from his bedside while recovering from Lymphoma...

I guess this pattern of emotional emptiness started a few hours ago when one of the people that I was supposed to meet with in LA called tonight to express her disbelief after reading this thread....
It just sickens us for a host of reasons I don't want to even get into on here. Lets just say she felt very strongly about our goals as being historical too as there were parts of it I did not disclose that are still rather proprietary to it all in terms of who would be Aristotle, Boy in Blue or Pallas Athena....

I often have to bow out of these forums for a time when it gets to be too much...this is one of those times.

I just need to get the hell off of here and remind Jeff that we need to get our books out before, well....who the hell knows at this point. Whatever this all is, it seems to be some kind of invite only, maybe, I don't know, you are not good enough, not historical enough or not important enough gentlemen's club and I am pretty sure I want no part in it...

I think I will go pour my self a glass of Jack my wife likes to cook with.....I don't drink by the way.

Signing off for a few months, it will do me some good...
More in response to others then to Dan, you have to remember they Dan spent like, I forget but probably more than 6 years shooting nothing but Kodachrome while working with Kodak and Dwayne's and documenting life and history etc. to say he isn't historical enough can be very hard to hear.

I agree that we need to just push forward and publish our books (mine too), I'm not anywhere near Dan's status, but I took a whole month and covered all of New England, Washington DC, Key West FL, Seattle WA, All over Colorado, Los Angeles, The Grand Canyon, and Kansas (around Dwayne's) which put me in 2 year of financial debt as I didn't have any help/funding and that I've JUST recovered from now. And I haven't even begun to get much printed, I have only been able to scan 30 images (that I payed someone else to do in high resolution, I've finally bought a scanner this month of my own to start scanning, I hope the epson is good enough at least for now....

The point is, a few of us have a lot more at stake than just "some photos we'd like developed" there are some VERY specific shots I missed that leave me feeling incomplete and I have 6 rolls of Kodachrome that I know is good that I COULD shoot with and get those images that would complete my work.

Also remember the film isn't being made anymore and it is getting older and older, and so the "good" film that is out there IS historically important because its very limited and will contain great and beautiful imagery because it will be cared for and carefully done and because of that BECOME significant historically.

So think about all that, before you cut us down, those who might note in your eyes "worthy" of doing it.

Please reconsider that maybe you as a lab will also become historically significant the way Dwayne's has because you were able to save the "lost images" of Kodachrome. But you won't do it with shuttle launches alone, and Dan of anyone here would be someone you should help get stuff processed as his embodied work of Kodachrome is already in the history books and more to come as its published...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk