Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
<snipped> The idea that those who use "lomo" cameras are so ignorant and ill-informed that they are incapable of looking further than wacky colours and light leaks ... well, I think it's a false assumption based on limited evidence, shall we say ...
You've misrepresented my comment; I said 'the possible perception', though I suppose I might have added 'by some sections of the photo community'. Some folk actually believe that an omniscient, omnipotent supernatural being created the universe in seven days because that's what they've been taught from birth, and this is reinforced by their cultures and societies. Some of these folk don't seem to look beyond this idea, yet there doesn't seem to be *any* truth in it...

You know, I find it ironic that scientists spent 150-odd years perfecting sharp, grainless photographic materials and lenses only for some companies to produce plastic cameras with ghastly lenses and charge stupid sums of money for them. Still, each to their own - I stand by my earlier positive comments. I have a 35mm Symbol to try out some time. I can't wait to see whether "its 3-element glass Triplet lens is something to brag about, yielding eye-popping color saturation and contrast.", and to try out its "unique fully-manual settings" that "gives you total control of your shots" is really worth the 80 Lomography.com charges for it. Now that claim of uniqueness is an outright lie on Lomography.com's part even within their own range - someone is being hoodwinked here, and it ain't me...

Cheers,
kevs