FS: Canon AE-1, AV-1, AL-1, AT-1 plus...
Here are 4 Canon A series bodies and 2 Canon lenses. Today I'm selling them "as is".
1. An AE-1. This camera is in fair to less than fair condition...chips, dings, nicks and bright marks pretty much all over it, but it has a good battery door and seems to be complete. The top plate (plastic) is cracked at one end. Decent focus screen...pretty ok, actually. If you install a battery, the shutter speeds seem ok but the meter needle stays between 2.8 and 4 and red lights at the top and bottom of the scale blink. You might be able to use this as a camera (sans meter) and I am totally confident you could use it as a wheel chock the next time you park on a hill. As a parts camera, it should be ok.
2. An AT-1. In better physical condition than the AE-1 but has a chip out of the lower part of the battery door, a small ding on the bottom plate and a bright mark near the tripod socket. Not bad at all, however, and I believe this camera may work just fine. In my opinion, it is an easier to use design than the AE-1 with lollipop and needle metering (which seems to be working correctly) and an on/off/c switch which was omitted from the AE-1.
3. An AV-1. Sort of like the AE-1...in less than terrific shape. Top plate isn't so bad, but the bottom plate includes the initials "KW" which looks like they were inscribed using a rock and a nail and some liquor or beer or mind-altering drugs. Whole camera is dirty...needs cleaning & tlc. However, the camera has a good battery door (a much improved design from the AE-1 type door), and it seems to work at least in some regards. This camera as you know is an automatic camera, but it seems to be choosing the right shutter speed and those speeds seem accurate when you use your hand to deny the camera light. However I can not make it work sensibly with the lens.
4. An AL-1. Kind of dirty and rough in appearance, but if you can figure out how to make the battery door stay latched, I believe this camera might also work. At this point the meter works but the shutter won't fire, and that is possibly because my batteries (AA series) are old and not too good. I'm assuming the same wizard designed the AE-1 battery door. At any rate, the camera seems ok and the focus screen seems ok. This is the QF model, for any of you collectors. Very rare and collectible, I'm sure. You might want to contact the Smithsonian or Antiques Road Show.
5. One nice looking FD Canon 50mm 1:1.8 S.C. lens, serial number 1230970...sorry no images of the lenses. If you want me to send you some, just ask. I can't tell if this lens works correctly or not, but the glass is ok.
6. One nice looking FD Canon 50mm 1:1.8 lens, serial number 3660292 (newer style). Seems to work fine. Glass is fine.
The price is $15 (for all) plus actual shipping.
PayPal ok for international but check/cash/money order please for domestic buyers.