Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
I use 40x40 cm frames for all my work, ranging from 15x15, 20x20 and 30x30, I don't think it's the frame that makes the difference, it's the passepartout (don't know if this is the right word, but I mean the cardoard between the edge of the photo to the beginning of the frame)
Given my name, I feel I must help with this question - the word in English is:

... "Matte"

Ironically, this may have french language roots