Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
I've tested Delta 3200 with D316 1+1 and negs look great, prints will follow soon. Dev time was 36 minutes (2 times Xtol times for Xtol 1+1 and Delta 3200). This test did not yield a characteristic curve or anything, but shows that higher dilutions of D316 seem feasible (Delta 3200 is usually quite demanding).

For those mixing fresh: you can use the easier to get Borax instead of Metaborate: replace 2.2 g of Sodium Metaborate Tetrahydrate with 2 g Borax and at the end of mixing adjust pH to 8.0 with Sodium Hydroxide (Sodium Carbonate should also work at this pH). Don't leave out the Propylene Glycol as it is said to influence the behavior of the Borate ion (and as a result buffering and pH).
Wow! Thanks for doing this. It's good to know that it will perform well diluted 1+1. And I haven't tried Delta 3200 either, so that's another film to add to the known-to-work list.

For folks who wish to mix fresh (directly into water), the dev-times should be boosted by 10-15%. That's because a PG-concentrate develops faster than when mixed directly into water. Any idea why? Perhaps the esters formed in the concentrate don't dissociate when dissolved in water? Anyway, I notice that adding PG directly into water slows development, so you could try omitting the PG, resulting in this simple formula:

Sodium sulfite ........................... 45 g
Sodium metaborate dihydrate ...... 2.2 g (or 3.0 g of s.m. tetrahydrate)
Ascorbic acid ........................... 4.5 g
Phenidone ............................... 0.05 g

I developed a roll of Acros last night, which looks fine. I hope to take measurements this evening.

Mark Overton