Quote Originally Posted by PentaxBronica View Post
Well, I meant as in they consider them to have poor image quality. Seems to be the same mindset that says "if it wasn't made yesterday then you must replace it", which the Sony marketing machine is particularly skilled at. A friend of mine uses Sony gear, to the best of my knowledge they've never tried a Takumar but consider them garbage, presumably from what they've read on some forum or other.

Funnily enough they went rather quiet after I started posting images taken with one online! My old K-m wouldn't meter properly with M42 lenses but the K-5 will, so I've been playing around with various Taks a fair bit, although I try to buy the first series of K lenses (SMC Takumars with the new mount) instead as they don't need an adapter.
I'm sure there is a (very) large subset of Sony users who do partake in the "if it wasn't made yesterday then you must replace it" kool-aid.
The K-mount lenses branded as Takumar don't have as great a reputation as the M42 ones, which may be the root cause of your friend's Takumar-phobia...