Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
My ex was a selfish crazy angry mean violent bitchy hateful controlling nagging ice-cold spiteful liar to everyone. I and our son just happen to be near her more than anyone else. In our entire fifteen year marriage she constantly demanded apologies from me every single day from God knows what little things... it was a control issue. She didn't apologize to me but one time in the entire nineteen years I knew her and that was after we divorced. She was the same with our small child who lived with me after the divorce. Whoever controls the universe had pity on me and our young son and gave me the perfect excuse to divorce her. Still bitter after fifteen years of freedom? Yes. Happy to be rid of her? Yes... Oh good God YESSS!! Now that I'm alone I have the freedom to do whatever I can and whenever I like. I'm a boring man with very simple tastes and decent moral character. However, I'm not the quiet meek sort I was when I was first married. That's the one thing my ex gave me... plenty of pinned-up anger to not put up with any BS from anyone. Am I lonely? Sometimes, yes. Would I rather be in an abusive relationship? No. So... I can be bitter if I so choose and so can Sirius.
I thought for one second you were talking about my ex.

Things got so bad she would only let me out the house of an evening on a Monday and Friday (yes really). This changed after a while to a Tuesday and a Thursday because she didn't realise everyone else went out on a Friday to unwind etc . . .

My cat (who I had before we met) was forced to live outside, even in winter.

I was the only earner (well paid), yet was given pocket money and no access to the bank account.

The final straw was being woken at 6:30am on a Sunday morning, having worked 7 day weeks for at least 2 months. I'll never forget the psychotic look in her eyes and I'll never forget the bucket of icy cold water hurled (with bucket) in my direction. My crime? I had put the frying pan in the top basket of the dishwasher instead of the bottom.

The divorce was 12 years ago and whilst I'm over it, the mental scars never fully dissapear.

Last I heard, she'd met a bloke called Keith. Apologies to any Keiths out there.