Got up early to move the car this morning (one driveway, many users...) and was shocked to see our quiet little street turned into a beehive of activity. I realized - this is the world before eBay, the thing they call "yard sales"...

I had to look.

End result:

One steamer trunk (Cunard stickers and original Atlantic Crossing labels and all) full of turn ofthe century/ early 1900's books - including a Virignia Woolf book with original newspaper clippings of her death, and...

One Nikon FG, with a 50mm 1.8 lens (something called series E I think -don't know, me Canon guy, ugh...) with a speedlight SB18. Covered in dust, the battery dead on both flash and camera... it took me 5 minutes to clean it and start taking pictures (after putting the batteries in the wrong way and thinking, oh well, I guess it was worht a try...then realizing I am a sleep-deprived idiot).

Price: $5 Canadian... (so, about 34 cents US just kidding...)

I guess this is a pretty pointless thread, I just had to share the joy - its a cute little camera that seems to work alright, have a good number of features and the previous owner looked at it with such disdain as he quoted me the price that I felt like I was rescueing it... Oh well, his loss, my gain...