Hi Jack,

I also have a Retina iiiC (I inherited from my dad over thirty years ago), and I still use it to this day. Many of the techniques I learned using a film camera are applicable to digital photography since the underlying principle is the same - acquiring an image using a lens and a light-proof box equipped with a sensor. You'll probably discover that much of what you've done with a digital camera can also be accomplished with a film camera, although the process of generating a print for a picture frame or a computer screen will be different.

I use a hybrid workflow, acquiring my images on film and having the negatives or positives digitized at the time of processing (through a commercial lab). Sometimes I'll rescan the image on my film scanner if needed. In your case, once you have access to a darkroom, you can scan the negatives you develop and proceed with your usual digital workflow. A film scan from a 120 negative will provide a digital file with a resolution on a par with something obtained using a digital camera with an APS-C sensor.

Best of luck with the move. I'm sure you'll enjoy analog photography as much as digital.