Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
Sorry to over complicate things!
lol…it looks like it's going to be pretty complicated either way.

Alright, so here's what I'm getting so far:
  • Stabilizer is unnecessary. (After more research, it looks like modern C-41 films are engineered not to need it…but there is a higher risk the dyes will fade if you don't? I don't know if any of that is true.)
  • If I use a fixer with the right pH for color, that fixer will work just as well for black and white.
  • I have lots of options for bleach. (;

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
I'm on my phone so I can't look up and reference it, but David Lyga has posted before about using store-bought color developer, and then preparing a potassium ferricyanide solution for the bleach and using regular B&W fixer. I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet. Maybe he can chime in and enlighten us about his process.
Interesting! I did a cursory search for David Lyga's method & advice. He seems like an interesting person, and his method seems very interesting as well. I've put together a quick list of his recommendations from various threads.

The only problem is that I can't find any examples of the results. I guess a lot of people don't take his advice (or give thanks)? I'll keep looking.