Alright, so here's what I'm getting so far:
- Stabilizer is unnecessary. (After more research, it looks like modern C-41 films are engineered not to need it…but there is a higher risk the dyes will fade if you don't? I don't know if any of that is true.)
- If I use a fixer with the right pH for color, that fixer will work just as well for black and white.
- I have lots of options for bleach. (;
- "…what I have to say is controversial and downright heresy."
- "…capacity? This is what I do with Kodak Flexicolor…"
- "…with C-41 the deviation from standard temp is OK…"
- "…the man who did this dastardly deed: developing C-41 in RA-4 chems…" (from Photo.net)
The only problem is that I can't find any examples of the results. I guess a lot of people don't take his advice (or give thanks)? I'll keep looking.