Welcome to the forum!

The three most used types of 4x5 cameras are monorails, press cameras, and field cameras and here are some basic differences:

Monorails: The cheapest way into large format, these cameras are the most precise and offer the most movements. The downside is they tend to be bulky and sometimes heavy.

Press: The next cheapest alternative, these cameras are fast to set up, hand holdable, usually lightweight, back packable, but have limited movements.

Field: Usually more expensive than monorails and press cameras, these cameras are light weight, back packable, and usually have enough movements for most people.

As you can see, everything has it's advantages and disadvantages.

For a lens just about everyone (including me) will recommend a "normal" lens as your first lens. Normal focal length lenses for 4x5 run from 135mm to 210mm. The 210mm is actually a long normal but was very popular on monorails because of focal length and lens coverage. I would recommend a lens from any of the big four (Fujinon, Nikkor, Rodenstock, Schneider) or a Caltar which is a rebadged Rodenstock, Schneider, Topcon or other quality lens. Get one in a Copal shutter because they are quality shutters and the latest shutters made.

Do your research and then come back asking questions. Otherwise you are going to get everyone recommending everything.

I'm also a member of Large Format Photography Forum. I recommend joining that forum along with Apug. I also recommend and own the Steve Simmons book that Rafal suggested.

Just a warning, large format is a lot of fun and highly addictive!