Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
I was out for eats and drinks at a local jazz place the other night and all around me folks are whipping out their smart phone, taking photos and doing whatever they do with 'em after that.

Nobody gives this kind of activity a second thought these days...

so why is it that every time I pull out a camera, I get at least one, usually several people standing around staring at me and asking dumb stuff like,

"What kinda camera is that?"
"can you still get film for that?"
"how many mega pixels is that?"
"Is that black and white?"

and the one I really dislike....

"Why would you use that?"

Why can't people just leave me the F&%^$ alone and let me photograph stuff like all the iPhone wielding people?
I was out using my Kodak Autographic Folder and a couple came up to me asking me questions about it and saying exactly those things "you can get film for that still?" etc, the best part was when they admitted that they were a "professional" photography team/couple and thats what they did for a living, and they knew nothing about film, they actually said "I didn't know an f stop could go to 45... wow!" haha I offered my card/contact info, both the antique car owner and the couple never contacted me, shame, I got a really nice 30 second bulb exposure at f/45 off of the car...