Hasselblad + Fire Extinguisher Chemicals :(
Just something that happened to me today that I thought I'd share...
I was cooking some meatballs tonight, for dinner. After they were in the oven about five minutes I noticed an interesting orange glow comming form inside. Then I thought... crap... my meatballs are burning. So I opened the oven door and sure enough there was a grease/oil fire in the oven. I closed the door, thinking, it wasn't so bad. Then I thought, well, it's a fire, and it's probably going to keep burning and will wreck the oven and maybe the house, so I ran over to get the fire extinguisher (I've never used one before!) and promptly put out the fire.
Unfortunately I had forgot that my Hasselblad kit was on the kitchen counter, about a few feet away from the oven. That, and the fire extinguisher being one of those that really puts out a lot of dusty chemicals, combined with my brother turning on the kitchen fan to get the smoke out left quite a bit of dust (i.e. chemicals!) on my dear Hasselblad.
Fortunately all the dust came off without a problem and caused no damage to anything (except my head; I have a headache now), and no dust got inside the camera or through any crevases/openings in the camera.
Unfortunately the meatballs didn't fare so well... It's truly a difficult time for me... I really love meatballs...