Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
Zeiss Ikon had a couple of 126 cameras. One was a very simple point and click model with a Frontar lens, while another is the more complex "Contaflex 126" -- an SLR with a cloth focal-plane shutter and interchangeable lenses. You can argue easily that the Carl Zeiss-branded lenses were much better than the body.

Rollei had the Rollei A26, which was a push-pull affair similar to the A110/E110 cameras. The A26 has a scale-focus Sonnar lens and a bolt-on flash unit with a sealed rechargeable battery.

The Rolleiflex SL26 is a compact SLR with interchangeable Pro-Tessar front elements (akin to the Zeis Ikon Contaflex 35mm SLRs). It has a Synchro-Compur leaf shutter with match-needle manual exposure.

The camera packs a frightening large number of gears and components into a small body, all just begging for some kind of breakdown.

I think that the Rolleiflex SL26 is the best of the four that I mention here, and the A26 isn't too far behind. I'd really like to test the Contaflex 126, but I've given up on trying to find a working body.
You mention finding a working body? Are you saying its easy to get 126 film?

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk