Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
That was a very simplified and easy to understand explanation, thanks.

As far as how the chemical "tells the difference" between the chemical development and the actual exposure, even though to the eye it would appear black, the actual mechanics at a microscopic level would be different? Which is why the bleach can tell the difference between the chemically induced blackness and the actual exposure? Wow I'm learning so much! It was suggested to me privately that I actually read a book haha, I think it might be time for that so I don't take over all of the threads with questions like a kid does "why this Dad? But then why...? And how Dad?" Haha

So, you don't need photo flow / wetting agent when using E-6/C-41?

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When the colour development takes place, the reaction between the colour developer and the exposed silver and other chemicals in the emulsion cause the coloured dyes to form, which forms the actual image. The silver is no longer required, and the bleach converts the silver back to a silver salt, the fixer then removes all of the silver salts, leaving no silver in the actual image.