Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
A dichroic head for split contrast printing? You are going to twist those knobs all the way back and forth twice for each exposure? Even on the systems with buttons, the lamp has to be on to make the change in many cases (though you could put the lens cap on). Maybe I missed something, but didn't you just post that you have been using under the lens filters with no problems and devised a holder for the bigger filters?

I, however, did the same thing. That is, I devised a large Cokin style under-the-lens filter holder to fit my 300mm lens, then gave that up for a dichroic head. However, the reason had nothing to do with the filters. It was that my coldlight head was uneven.
Well, yeah, the 3.5 x 3.5's are working fine and I would just assume not mess with it, but then I catch flak from Drew Wiley and he makes it sound like I am putting hair gel on my Apo Rodagons....effing maddening man.

It's easy right now, it works, the light is even, closed loop StopClock Vario works great. I just wish we still had Multigrade / VC heads to buy new or there were enough used in good shape to not fret over it. I think at some point, this is going to bite Ilford in the ass in terms of serious printers looking for serious hardware to use with their fine papers...

These guys, Ilford, Beseler, RH Designs, Modern Enlargerlamps, etc....they might want to get on the same page at some point and carry this all forward a bit better than they are...

I just found this thread in which you give insight, maybe I will give this idea storm a break for a bit and just print...