Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
Since the same effect can be done by photoshopping a digital image I can't see that a filed edge identifies a print made from film.

I personally find that that the ragged edge distracts from the print. Besides the whole effect is rather a dated style concept.
Some like it though Gerald and don't want to use Photoshop, it's a gimmick and I'd agree detracts from the image.