Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
Who ever said they did not intend to keep core businesses?
Actually Dan, Kodak did. At least if one defines selling consumer film to still be a Kodak core business. From another earlier post (the link is still active):

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
...here's another pretty authoritative Kodak pronouncement (Kodak Continues Progress toward Emergence, 9/28/2012, 7th bullet point, my emphasis):

"Commencement of a process to sell the market-leading Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging businesses, which are not core to Kodak’s future."

As we all know, Personalized Imaging is film imaging. Now I've used and loved Kodak products my entire life. But for the life of me I don't know how it can be stated any clearer than that. And this long term goal has been utterly consistent for the last five plus years.
Sure, they may want to retain the film manufacturing step in house. But if they're not very interested in the selling of it, how much more interested will they be—in the long term—in the making of it. Kodak upper management has burned an awful lot of Kodak film customer bridges. I guess come March or so we'll see how well they can now swim.

For the record, this was not my preferred outcome. But also not too difficult to see it coming even a few years back. I really feel bad for those at Kodak whose loyalties still lie with analog.

Ken