Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
Sadly digital has surpassed film in the high ISO capability vs grain. It's actually quite amazing what you can capture on non-film. At 6400 it's certainly a lower grain. I would post an example if I were allowed. Umm my website with the girl eating fire with her chest highlighted by the fire, that's at 5000 ISO www.stonenyc.com it's under the model section. (Please don't criticize the site it's been 2 years since I updated it). If anyone wanted to see. The newer version of my camera is even better at low ISO's.

Just gong with what he said about digital, it's a horror that it does so well in low light hahaha!

Sometimes I feel like you lose all the artistic lighting and the challenge and skill of photography when everything is so easy... But then it's also nice to get the shot...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, and I agree - for pure technical quality under low light, digital absolutely spanks film. But I enjoy shooting film, I enjoy the challenges under low light, and I often enjoy the grainy look that film gives me. I'm going to go right on shooting my remaining stock of TMZ, maybe more as long as I can still get it, and the wonderful Delta 3200 in 120. I may try D3200 in 35mm and just switch entirely though. It's a great film that I enjoy in 120 and Ilford deserves our support.