Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
Ha, my 'dry processing' is actually 'dr5 processing' badly spellchecked by the pesky APUG spellchecker...!

As for photos in my gallery, they are all positives (i.e.. slides), not prints. Scala was designed to be reversed, that is processed as a positive rather than a negative so I assumed that's what you wanted to use it for?? (Why use old Scala to be processed as negative then printed from if you can use many other, better and fresher films?)
Dr5 is a lab which chemically reverses b+w 'negative' film into b+w positives, i.e.. slides.
http://www.dr5.com/blackandwhiteslide/filmreview.html

Hope this makes things clearer. (Although I often confuse myself )
Well, my hunt for the "better" film (or at least the one that delivers what I am after) is still very much in progress. [And actually in reading about what others were doing with Scala, I was secretly wondering what was driving people to make slides]. In any case, I think that some of the prints that I have seen were prints made from negatively developed Scala, and some of these prints definitely displayed a unique, lively contrast and a splendid luminosity that is not so easily captured. I am developing pretty much into a three or four tone printer, I think. Hence, I became very interested in the strange but delightful properties of Scala.

I am indeed concerned about Scala freshness. It seems that here in Germany the local sellers have figured out that the best way to deal with slow sales is to ignore expiration dates or issues. One seller here insists that his 20 ASA film is so slow that he does not have to indicate an expiration date at all. I think that means that he is selling a lot of old stock. And there is a lot of Scala around here with 2014 expiration dates. Well, I bought some today. Soon I will know.