Hi!

I've been lurking here for quite some time and I've finally decided to post something here. I'm about a half hour north of New York City, although I do shoot a lot of digital, I've never stopped using film. I consider myself slightly more than an advanced snapshooter. I've never developed my own film - I'm far from expert on anything. For 35mm I use old Minolta 370, 570 & 700s, so no fancy equipment there. About 10 years ago I picked up a used Fuji 645Zi for medium format, it's pretty much dummy proof... but what a tack sharp lens it has, it has served me well. I also run film through some old antique cameras now and then for fun. I find most people look at me a little funny for still using film, but I do get a lot of compliments on the results. My current project is scanning all of my negatives. I did the prints over the course of the past 10 years or so and when I bought my Epson V600 and I tried some slides and negs and was very pleased with the results. I know that some people, if not most, here would find the quality unacceptable...but I'm not scanning art, these are mostly family photos that will probably never be printed, much less enlarged. I really enjoy reading the forums, I've learned a great deal here.

Tom