Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
Your reasoning is exactly why I'm not happy about large format either, Dan, unless I'm making contact prints, in which case I can deal with the dust. In my prints I could recognize superior tonal gradation from sheet film, but the sacrifices I had to make in terms of speed of setting something up, or changing something due to changing conditions, as well as the dust issues, I felt it completely stifled my creativity to where I lost all the joy I felt shooting 35mm and medium format. So I axed the 4x5 and found the joy again. Now I have an old Century #2 5x7 which I occasionally use to make contact prints, and that has brought the joy back. But immediately when I start enlarging those sheets I start to see all the work I have to do with knifing and spotting a single print... Never again.
I am going to stick with it for a bit more, it has a lot of potential and even at 20x24 it seems like things only just start opening up. If anything, I might punt the 4x5 holder part and just do 6x12 backs which have been dustless thus far and I love the aspect ratio...

Even though we are occasionally taken aback by the sight of a beautiful woman, we are best paired with one for the rest of our lives...:-)