I've been shooting X-ray film in my Rolliflex 3.5F using plate pack and cut film holders for sometime now.

I just purchased a Rollei-Wide which has not arrived yet. I know that the Tele and Wide have backs with the hump , but don't know exactly what the hump is for. The glass insert perhaps?

Does anyone know if the plate back will work on the Rollei-wide?