Quote Originally Posted by shutterlight View Post
I'm sure I'm late to the original point of the thread, but I'm a big Mamiya 7 fan and user of one. My "real" work this past semester was almost entirely shot with my 7. I started out with the 65, but I shifted to the 80 in August. I haven't looked back since, and the 65 is eventually going to be sold. They're both great lenses, particularly the 80 (which is outrageously sharp).

I got lucky with the original purchase price of my 7, which was $550. The guy I bought it from threw in a lot of film with it, which ended up being an added value of something like $200 (because it was mostly 220 film). The 65 came from KEH, as did the 80. I got the latter for $600 in BGN condition, which I thought was great, until a few days later when a LN- went on sale for $615. Oh well-- my 80 looked new to me and has worked flawlessly.
I keep going back and forth on saying ill never get an 80 and then wanting it. I have a 150, 65, and 43... I thought I would use the 43 more but I haven't made it out west and I'm always guessing as I don't have a viewfinder

The 150 I use but not often and 65 is my walking around lens. I suppose if I had an 80 I might use it, but I just feel like it doesn't give me enough area to play with. I started on a 50mm as a kid but I can't do a lot of nice close focus shots so the 80 just doesn't feel like a lens I would use for an RF.

Anyway glad you enjoy it.

Wonder if the OP ended up decoding...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk