Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
As I suggested earlier, one's view of how the SLR developed in the '50s and '60s is very much dependent on your location during that time frame.. Unfortunately, it seems most APUGers refuse to include even their country information in their profile. From his name (Yashinoff ) and the cameras he mentioned, I might assume he might be Eastern European - but I may be incorrect.

APUG is an international forum - which is great - but a little more information might make it more meaningful when making comments. I still don't understand the reluctance to identify your home country.
Edixa was a West German company, and I'm located in the U.S., I agree though that those cameras are probably obscure to most people in the U.S. The importer for the Edixa SLRs was also the importer for Praktica and Exakta and supposedly wanted to promote the cheap Prakticas and big buck Exaktas more than the Edixas which slotted in the middle. It is also likely that they had a larger profit margin off of the East German makes, so perhaps that is why Edixa cameras were so under-marketed in the west.

My username is an a bad pun BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
Alpa.
The diaphragm operation was built into the lenses.