My outlook on investing, and business in general, is always to do a little better tomorrow than I did today. In business, I try to increase my inventory and sales by 5% a month. It's not at all easy, I don't have a lot of experience being in business for myself, but after three years of steadily increasing sales, I have learned a lot. Last year I passed the point where my business income passed what I get from my regular job. I find that now I have money, but I rarely have any free time or a day off.

In the next year I will incorporate, and if sales improve as much as they hope, I will quit my job, and work for myself. I recently branched out into a new field of goods, and the results were better than expected. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to pursue the new goods until I hire a helper to do some of my current work.

When I was young, I didn't have a good idea about how investments worked. It seemed like black magic to me. I discovered that investing was simply buying low and selling high. I eventually found a niche in which I could invest in something I understood and enjoyed. I was surprised that I could make money at it.

It is nice to see business and investments grow. It is like building a house, or creating a painting. It is fun to try other ideas and see the results, and even more fun when the ideas are successful. I now have to become a better time manager.