Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Hi guys,

Recently I found my much-loved Nikkormat Ftn in its bag complete with three additional Nikkor lenses; I haven't used this camera for at least thirty years and found myself wondering why. I have some newer Nikons which are all great cameras but none of them seemed to suit me as much this one. I think it's the way the shutter speed selector is fitted round the lens mount which made it so easy to use.

MY problem is that there are no batteries for the meter (thank the lord - they would have corroded everything within a five-mile radius by now). I can't for the life of me remember the battery specification and I really don't want to experiment in case I damage the circuitry. Is anybody still using one of these, and if so could you let me know the make and number of the battery you're using?
#675 air cell for hearing aids, use an O-ring as a bushing to keep it central in the cell compartment. If you block 3 of the 4 air holes the life will increase from a month or two to a year or so; pay attention to polarity. If the meter doesn't work, try cleaning the contacts of the switch under the advance lever by pulling paper between the contacts.