As I promised back in post #2, I got out the projector and projected these to see how they would look. Here's one of the images. I included the screen because it was throwing off the white balance of the photo even though I'd set the camera's white balance to "Tungsten." All the detail is there in the projection, but again I shot this with the lights on so the camera wouldn't totally auto-adjust away all the yellow, so you don't see it all. I was only looking to compare color casts. I ended up adding some yellow back in because the camera still auto-adjusted too much of it out. This isn't exactly how it looked on the screen, but it's pretty close.

CR200-001-Projected.JPG

I like this film. I do think that the film would benefit from an 82B, possibly an 82C filter, which unfortunately takes away some of the speed gains with this film being rated 200. I also think that this film is more of a 160 speed film than a 200 speed film, so will try some shots at 160 next time to see how they look.

If you want a neutral film that you can shoot at ISO 200, I would say you have two choices:
  1. Shoot Provia at ISO 200 and push process 1 stop.
  2. Experiment with this film and a Wratten 82 series filter (there are four - 82, 82A, 82B, 82C, going from lightest to darkest blue). You will lose some speed with the filter, but can gain it back with push processing.

This film definitely has a 70's look to it (not necessarily a bad thing!), and if you like what you've seen in this thread, by all means use this film. If you shoot and scan, the yellow cast is easily adjusted away in your favorite software, so if you scan don't let the yellow color cast stop you!