Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
The printing on photographic papers is made with machines like the Durst Lambda, which projects coloured light with continuous tone on the paper. This is, in fact, optical printing although it is not made with an enlarger.

You are right. However the manufacturers of halide paper don't call this optical printing but digital printing, which could be confused with something like ink-jet printing...