Silver Nitrate is both a strong acid and a strong oxidizer being a salt of Nitric Acid and related to the class of Nitrate oxidizers. Therefore, some people think that it is very dangerous. It is not, unless you insist on drinking solutions of it, or pouring it over your body. Well, in that latter case you will turn dark brown. And, you can cause skin blisters and blindness if you are careless.

Seeing all of the above frightens some. And it is an uneven fright across the US and Europe. Some say it is ok to sell and others say it is not. This goes on and on.

All I know is that I get notes from all over the world stating "yes I can get Silver Nitrate" or "no, I cannot get it at all".

PE