Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
They're hardly abandoning film at all. What they've done is put their best foot forward. They've got
their finest, most versatile color neg and b&w films ever. Maybe not as big a selection as in the old
days - but financial common sense favors reengineering toward greater versatility and less redundancy. Yeah, some people are disappointed that they stopped making chrome film; but they do have to pick and choose which battles they can realistically win. I'd far rather see a sustainable
small selection of really good film than an unustainable big selection of it.
I think we can all agree with that.

I posted about it at the time but when they announced the end of E6 I tried to order some E100G from Freestyle and got the "call for inventory" thing so I called. I was ordering ten rolls. I forget how many they said they had but it was enough for me and the guy said, "we usually sell about ten rolls of that a month so you should be fine..." Granted they are often more expensive than B&H (at the time, it seemed hard to get B&H to ship without signature -they've since changed that and I generally order film from them) but they're still one of the biggest online analog retailers in the country, and they were selling ten rolls a MONTH. Maybe they sold more E100VS but I doubt it as Velvia always seemed more popular for the saturated look.

I just shook my head at the time thinking, "no wonder Kodak quit making it."