One more thought. The Kodak Retina I was available in 1934. It's small and was very popular. It was German made and had an excellent lens, shoots 35mm film, and fits in a shirt pocket. Downside is they tend to be around $300+ in decent condition. In 1936 they came out with the Retina II. This camera had a rangefinder focus which is much easier to use. It too is high quality and made in Germany. You should be able to find one for under $150 without much trouble. I don't know about Kodak serial numbers. I think the older serial numbers are hard to decipher. You could probably date the camera by the serial numbers on the lenses themselves.

Any vintage 1935 camera will have uncoated lenses (best to use a lenshood with them,) will not have any built in meter for exposure, and will have some "quirks." Also keep in mind you are dealing with something rather complicated that is 75 years old. And one more idea. Look on eBay for the seller "Certo66." He refurbishes folding cameras from that era and sells ones that are in working order. A bit more money, but you will be getting a working camera. He has Bessas, Zeiss Ikons, etc. folders very regularly. He will also be able to date them accurately. The smaller 6x6 folding cameras will fit in a shirt pocket and all take 120 film.

My favorite camera from 1935 vintage? Well, last night I was using a Leica IIIa. Two weeks ago I shot part of a wedding with a Rolleiflex. I also have a Voigtlander Bessa from 1937 that has a rangefinder and Heliar lens that takes GORGEOUS photos! I'm not sure I could pick one as a favorite and stick with it for very long!

Kent in SD