Quote Originally Posted by Konical View Post
Good Morning, PKM-25,

I assume that you working with B & W. Drum processing is continuous agitation; tray processing is normally about the same thing. There shouldn't be much reason to do test prints/strips in a drum unless you're dealing with a serious space problem for the trays.

Konical
Thanks, this is what I suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
I wouldn't recommend final wash of fb in drums for lots of reasons, not the least of which is that you won't get good flow over the back of the paper. I'm not sure why one would want to when the mural process is at it's simplest and most straightforward in troughs.

rc is easier, a lot cheaper and available over 30"....http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...G&A=details&Q=
While I did use up a pack of 10 sheets of Ilford MG RC in 20x24 for getting my workflow dialed, I have no intention of selling people RC prints, only fiber. The big thing for me at least for the next 2-5 years is space, I am very limited on it and the drums make that end of the job a lot easier. And like I said above, I will be doing a max size of 20x24 until later this year at the earliest, so I have everything I need for that, including either trays I can put in the tub for washing or better yet, only put half the dividers in my 16x20 Eco-Wash and then carefully put the 20x24 fiber paper in favoring the short dimension, flipping them half way through the wash. I figure I can wash 4-5 prints like this at a time.

One day when I have the space, I will consider other methods, but for now, I have to mastermind what I have at my disposal.