Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBob View Post
I have not used my local lab for around a year now. Starting last summer I got the Tetenal C-41 kit and ran around 4 120 rolls and 2 or 3 35mm rolls through it within 3 weeks of getting the chemicals. The more I did it the better I got, and the improvement was noticable. I got tired of my lab doing average at best scanning, and of course the price was rising but I don't shoot that much but I was spending alot of time traveling to the lab.

There was a lot of enjoyment in being on the edge of my abilities (I thought) developing film. I am ready for E-6 now.....ready to play with slides for awhile. Doing one's homework and getting everything prepared to go for me was the key. After that it was just waiting for the buzzer to go off on my timer to change liquids.......simple.

My two cents is if you are really considering developing at home, then please consider this.....one of those new JOBO processors. I know they are pricey, but if you are processing film alot, I think by the time you figure all the gas you burn to the lab, time, ect, ect, your breakeven point may suprise you.......at how soon it comes. I know personally, if I had one of those Jobo processors, I would be shooting way more film than I am now which isn't much right now.

Bob E.
Don't the JOBO processors take just as much time to process the film as any hand tank?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk