When Tech Pan was available, I exposed it at about EI 25. The first step in processing is a Photoflo pre-wash. Omitting this step can cause uneven development. Then I place the film in a cut-down film hanger to keep the film flat on the bottom of the developer tray. A sheet of completely exposed and developed film is inserted behind the Tech Pan to eliminate reflections of the film hanger through the back of the Tech Pan. The film is developed for about 45 seconds with constant agitation for the first 30 seconds. Thereafter the film is not agitated until in the stop bath. At about 45 seconds the film is flashed with a 15 to 40 watt lamp a few feet above the tray. Exposure should be kept to a minimum length. A small electronic flash is also good for this. I hold a diffuser just above the tray during flashing so any particles floating on the developer won't be imaged on the film. This might not be necessary if I'd only keep my darkroom clean enough. After flashing the development is continued for about another 45 seconds. Processing is then completed as with any other film. I use 4x5 Tech Pan, but 35mm Tech Pan should work well with some inconvenience and much savings in film. You'd have to come up with a way of holding the film flat in the bottom of the tray. Conventional film lacks enough contrast to solarize well. I've also used litho film, but always had trouble with pinholes in the emulsion. Also, it is slower than Tech Pan. It has the advantage of being insensitive to red light, so the processing can be monitored by safelight.