Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
to do a base fog on film i enlarge, i use a basic ordinary sytrofoam cup. I test to see how much it will fog when i hold it over the lense and the enlarger turned on. I do one second tests like a test strip when printing. I go for just a hint of fog. If someone has thrown out my high tech piece of equipment, i resort to letting our not so safe safe lights add a bit of fog. with them it takes a count of 11 to do what I want on a particular enlarger. Then wonders of wonders i juxst sue the same chemistyr for the people working with paper developing to do my postives, then the larger negatives. You can check out my van dyke and cyanotype in the technical gallery to see how successful I have been.
Hey, Aggie, long time. What a great idea. My camera comes equiped with a "flash" light, but I am already thinking about how I could use that concept with some of the extreme contact prints I have tried. I wonder if cups like that come in colors, it might be useful for color flashing. I've tried a few things, but so far I am not satisfied with my color fogging when necessary.

I will find the technical gallery and check out the abovementioned. What is a van dyke and cyanotype. Geez, I got lots to learn.