Quote Originally Posted by kbrede View Post
I did a few test strips. With a #2 filter I ended up with 10 seconds at f/22, which resulted in nice blacks. Thats the main issue. I shouldn't have to close down that far to get a decent shadow area out of a negative, off an incident reading in shade.
The 10 seconds at f/22 with a #2 filter is a function of your enlarger light source, not the film, exposure or development.

It is just too bright for this size of print (unless you are printing in volume).

EDIT: and this explains why you are having troubles with a "minimum exposure for maximum black" testing sequence - that only works well when you get results that are practical (e.g. 16 seconds at f/8).