Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
For the same reason the inside of all cameras (that I have ever seen) are flat black, this would be my first choice. It would be easier, in my opinion, to add safelight light where needed, and not have to deal with stray light, than trying to reduce bounced or reflected light where not wanted. Viewing light also is easy to add.

If it is a dual purpose room, then the other use would rule this out. JMHO
Not analogous. In a camera you are intentionally letting light in during the exposure. It's what makes the exposure. The flatter the better (especially for a few camera or other camera used with lenses that cover more than the bare minimum film size frame) as you don't want that bouncing around - i.e. flare. The analogous situation for a darkroom is the area right around the enlarger which we've all agreed can be black or dark if the enlarger leaks. Theoretically there is some analogous exposure risk in light reflected off the easel or baseboard, off walls, and then back but the level of this would be so low in comparison to the sensitivity of paper that it just wouldn't matter, unless maybe your darkroom is very, very tiny.

For film there is no analogous situation at all as there should be no light present to reflect.