Any motor rebuilding shop (or factory maintenance shop) will have a small can of lapping compound around which is a fine abrasive paste used to polish or lap valves and other finely machined mating pieces to improve the fit or whatever. Perhaps they would give you a little for your project. Clover Lapping Compound (mentioned above) is a popular brand in the US. It may be available everywhere?