Remember inflation, 9.99 IS $50... I can actually remember when it cost $10 to fill the tank, now it's $60 ...

Anyway, ya know something occurred to me looking at the graph... the harsh drop off in the number of film users after 50 may actually have more to do with technology and the internet and there may be many film shooters who just don't know about us because they aren't on the internet. The saddest part, is I'm sure many of them will slowly stop using film, not because they want to move to digital, but because their local photo stores slowly stop selling film...

I ACTUALLY went into a photo store in a high end neighborhood, the owner was out but I inquired about the old cameras in the display window, that I wanted to examine (it was an RB67 and I was designing a integral polaroid back for it) and they kept thinking I wanted to buy it, and said "why? you can't even buy film anymore" I said they still sell 35mm and 120 and he said "well the medium format and large stuff they stopped making, there's just left over stock, I wouldn't put my money into that, digital is way better anyway" I just stared at him, here's a photo store who doesn't even know they still make 120 let alone LF and I can't say it enough... this is a photo store.... wow... so people like that are also killers of film or the idea of it. This was before I found APUG and I actually was really disheartened because I believed him for a little while... sad...