Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
Well, I refer to bubbles forming at any stage of the processing procedure, and with any type of product, film and paper both.

PE
I find that the most difficult aspect of that is print washing. Knowing that I have to replace my water heater soon, I observe that when I flush hot water in the winter there are a lot of micro bubbles, almost to the point that it looks like purposely aerated water. My only solution for true archival print washing at the time being is to use a tray and a siphon. The siphon breaks up many of those micro bubbles, and I can physically intervene and move the prints around in the tray in order for them to wash properly. My 'archival' print washer from Versalab isn't working very well in the winter because of those micro bubbles. The nozzles that inject wash water in each of the print slots do not break up the micro bubbles like the siphon does, so within a couple of minutes the entire print surface is full of air bubbles. It simply does not work well.

The cold water in my tap in the winter is around 40 degrees F, so it takes a lot of hot water in order to bring the water temp up to temperature of efficient washing.

I know what I have to do to solve this problem, but just driving home your point with an example, showing that it's absolutely necessary to pay attention to it.